RZIM Centre for Christian Apologetics (RCCA)
RCCA seeks “to be a centre of excellence in Asia for building the capacities of Christians in Evangelistic Apologetics by equipping them to respond in an intelligent and culturally relevant manner to the issues raised in the market place and thereby impact influencers of society with the credibility of the Gospel of Jesus Christ”.
WHAT OUR DELEGATES HAVE TO SAY
Dr. Binu Alexander
If you have a passion to reach out by bridging the gap between the questions of today’s culture and the answers in the Gospel, then the RZIM Centre for Christian Apologetics (RCCA) is just for you.
To equip and train Christians to be evangelistically effective apologists
To enable Christian thinkers to engage the contemporary culture by facilitating Christian responses
To enable the development of a spirituality that will nurture Christian lifestyle and ministry
About the Course
RCCA Training is a two-week certificate course on Christian Apologetics, held thrice a year at our Chennai RZIM premises. Since 2008, more than 950 delegates from both India and abroad have graduated from RCCA and been effectively equipped to be the salt and light in their individual contexts.
- Inspiring Teaching Sessions
- Rigorous and Participatory Learning
- Q & A Sessions
RCCA Training includes a core curriculum with subjects ranging from Biblical Basis of Apologetics, Christian Philosophy, Worldview Analysis, and Science and Theology to Spiritual Disciplines and Conversational Evangelism.
This interactive programme is designed to help those attending grow in their faith, as well as to have the opportunity to discuss and to engage with pertinent questions that believers face today.
Class room & Library
- Spacious class rooms with latest technology for video conferencing, web streaming and e-interaction
- Well furnished with Wi-Fi internet facility
- Updated library – both digital and traditional
- Provision to plug-in to your laptops
RCCA Training is a two-week course with classes being conducted from Monday to Saturday between 9.00am to 5.30pm.
₹15,000/- per person
Each room is air-conditioned with an attached bathroom and other facilities like intercom, television, and a wardrobe. For tariff, please refer our FAQ.
May 10 to 21, 2021
October 4-15, 2021
February 7-18, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Am I expected to read/listen to any specific resources before coming for the course?
Our hope is to empower you to engage in earnest conversation with those who have honest questions about the Christian faith. The course will give lots of opportunities to learn from different resource persons. However, we recommend the following material to help you to prepare for the course.
Introductory Recommended Reading
a. Ravi Zacharias: (Available for purchase at RZIM store….)
- The Grand Weaver: How God Shapes Us through the Events of Our Lives
- Jesus Among other Gods
- Apologetics Then and Now – DVD
- Uniqueness of Christ – Audio CD
- Absolute Truth in Relative Terms – Audio CD
b. Os Guinness:
- The Call: Finding and Fulfilling the Central Purpose of Your Life
c. C.S. Lewis:
- Mere Christianity
- The Screwtape Letters
d. J.I. Packer:
- Knowing God
e. John Stott:
- The Cross of Christ
2. What facilities are available while staying at the premises?
- TV Lounge
- Guest Lounge
- 24/7 security and CCTV Surveillance
- Indoor Games
- Laundry Facility
3. What basic amenities are available in the rooms?
- Attached Bathroom
- Bed with Mattress, Pillow, Bedsheets & Comforters
- Wardrobe with Hangers
- Study Table with Chair
- Internet – LAN & Wi-fi
- Laundry Facility: Washing Machine/Outsourcing
4. What is the residential tariff per person?
- Single Occupancy: ₹ 20,000/-
- Double Occupancy: ₹ 15,000/-
5. When may I arrive?
The course commences at 8.30 am on a Monday. On prior request, the facility would be made available for out-station delegates to check-in the previous (Sunday) evening. However, the kitchen would be functional only from Monday morning.
6. Are computers available for use?
7. What is the dress code during the RCCA programme?
8. What kind of food will be provided every day?
We provide a variety of Indian cuisine that is agreeable to most participants.
(In case of any food allergy or dietary restriction, delegates are required to inform us in advance.)
9. Are visitors allowed inside the campus?
10. When should I check-out?
11. How can I travel to RCCA from Chennai Airport/Railway Station?
We recommend that delegates use Google Maps to find the best way to travel to RCCA. Chennai Airport and Central Railway Station are now well connected by Chennai Metro Railway services as well as MTC bus services. Uber and Ola cab apps also provide safe and convenient transport options.
Nearest Metro Station: Thirumangalam
Nearest Bus Stop: Golden Flat
12. Is any medical facility available at RCCA?
13. Is there anyone I can approach for further questions about the RCCA?
Contact: RZIM Office from Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm: 044-26560829 / 26564819
RCCA Manager: 9600076123
Email: [email protected]